What is #GivingTuesday?
We have a day for giving thanks. We have two for getting deals. This year help us create #GivingTuesday. A new day for giving back. On Tuesday December 3, 2013, global charities, families, businesses, community centers, students and more will come together to create #GivingTuesday.
It’s a simple idea. Just find a way for your family, your community, your company or your organization to come together to give something more. Then tell everyone you can about how you are giving. Be a part of a national celebration of our great tradition of generosity.
New York's 92nd Street Y has been the catalyst and incubator for #GivingTuesday, bringing the expertise of 139 years of community-management to the project, and providing #GivingTuesday a home.
The United Nations Foundation joined as a partner, bringing its strategic and communications clout to the project.
An amazing team of influencers then offered their ideas, contacts and wisdom to help shape and improve the concept.
Team of Influencers
• Charles Best (CEO, DonorsChoose)
• Matthew Bishop (the Economist)
• Kathy Calvin (CEO, UN Foundation)
• Troy Carter (Founder, Chairman and CEO, The Atom Factory)
• Sharon Feder (Advisor, Mashable)
• Colleen Giles Timms (Co-creator, GivingTuesday)
• Hank Goldstein (Principal, The Oram Group Inc.)
• Eileen Heisman (President and CEO of National Philanthropic Trust)
• Adam Hirsch (SVP, Edelman)
• Patty Huber (Head of Groupon Grassroots)
• Rachel Hutchisson (Director of Corporate Citizenship & Philanthropy, Blackbaud Inc.)
• Libby Leffler (Strategic Partner Manager, Facebook)
• Rob Reich (Professor, Stanford)
• Selig D. Sacks (Partner, Foley & Lardner LLP)
• Peter Sims (best-selling author and entrepreneur)
• Thomas Tierney (Chairman, Bridgespan Group)
• Henry Timms (Deputy Executive Director, 92nd Street Y)
• Andrew Watt (President and CEO, Association of Fundraising Professionals)
• Dorothy A. Johnson Center on Philanthropy
• Giving Institute
• Giving USA Foundation
• Lodestar Center for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Innovation
Foley & Lardner LLP is Legal Counsel to #GivingTuesday
Site powered by Dyanmic Signal
#GivingTuesday™ is a campaign to create a national day of giving at the start of the annual holiday season. It celebrates and encourages charitable activities that support nonprofit organizations.