Ideas for Non-Profits
From the #GivingTuesday Team, UN Foundation and 92Y
- Did you know many donors work at companies which double the donations made by employees? Encourage your donors to submit these matching gift requests.
- Use social media to launch a new fundraising or awareness campaign. Use the #GivingTuesday hashtag early and often on Twitter. Your constituents should know that you are part of this movement.
- Are you new to social media? This #GivingTuesday Introduction to Social Media will explain how to get started.
- Encourage donors, volunteers and pro bono consultants to share their plans to give back on their social networks and in their online communities. “Like” and re-tweet their posts."
- Ask a board member to put up a matching grant. In 2012, many partners were able to leverage small matching grants to bring in big donations.
- Consider trying mobile or online giving in 2013. There are many services that make it simple to accept mobile donations. Check out our giving platforms site to learn more about how you can use new tools to enhance your fundraising campaign.
- Start a volunteer campaign in your community. Invite donors, employees and your neighbors to get together to celebrate giving by creating a day of service.
- Get your city to proclaim December 3 #GivingTuesday. Feel free to use our toolkit to talk to your local officials.
- Share your story! Reach out to press outlets in your community and spread the word by sharing your story with us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Challenge your board to apply their core professional skills to support your infrastructure and mission