Ideas for Students
Get your campus involved in #GivingTuesday! Here are some tips to learn how students, teachers, teams and clubs can lead #GivingTuesday initiatives for their schools:
- Utilize social media in the lead up to and on #GivingTuesday to highlight your cause – encourage fellow students to take action that day to support something they care about.
- Appoint #GivingTuesday student ambassadors at the beginning of the semester to help bring together existing groups to promote #GivingTuesday on campus.
- Host an on-campus volunteer fair on #GivingTuesday for student groups and potential non-profit employers
- Announce a new fundraising initiative – last year,NorthwoodUniversitywent public with their capital campaign on #GivingTuesday
- Organize a blood drive, clothing or book drive, or another on-campus giving activities on your campus
- Engage parents and alumni –ArizonaState University had great success by securing a matching grant from a proud mom
- Engage professors and start a discussion about philanthropy and volunteerism, and what students would like to see more of campus relating to giving
- Present an award to a student leader on #GivingTuesday
- Join your campus chapter of Net Impact to network for jobs that make a difference
- Contact your department dean and ask about pro bono projects for students
See what Brown University created last year on #GivingTuesday: